The United Way of the Fraser Valley (UWFV) has announced the nominees in 10 categories for its annual Spirit Awards, which recognize individuals and businesses that support the work of the UWFV.
The recipients will be honoured Thursday, March 6 at the Abbotsford Banquet Centre in a Bollywood-themed celebration.
The champagne reception begins at 5 p.m. followed by an Indian buffet dinner at 6:30. Ticket information is available at uwfv.bc.ca.
The nominees are:
• Campaign of the Year – MNP LLP (Chilliwack), BMO Bank of Montreal, and Manning Elliott Chartered Accountants;
• Leadership Campaign – Fraser Valley Regional Library, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, KPMG, Brookside Hershey Canada, and MNP LLP (Abbotsford);
• Quantum Leap Spirit Award, fewer than 100 employees – BCAA, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, KPMG, and London Drugs;
• Quantum Leap, more than 100 employees – Future Shop, Prospera Credit Union, and RBC Financial Group;
• New Campaign of the Year – Brookside Hershey Canada, Nestle Waters Canada, and Numbers Unlimited;
• Branch Campaign of the Year – BC Hydro (Chilliwack lineroom), TD Canada Trust (Chilliwack), Correctional Service Canada regional headquarters, and Canada Border Services (Huntingdon/Sumas);
• Community Partner Campaign of the Year – Ann Davis Transition Society, Hope and Area Transition Society, Mission Association for Community Living, and Mission Community Services Society;
• Employee Campaign Champion of the Year – Fahimeh Bayramabadi, Ryan Ward, Ritu Dhaliwal, Shirley Fast, and Lori Anglin;
• Regional Coordinator of the Year – Tamara Van den Brink, Brian Best, Peter Lee, and Erin Nesci; and
• Labour Participation Spirit Award – Fraser Valley Labour Council.