Girls, you can BeYou at Sevenoaks Shopping Centre this Saturday!
The fourth annual BeYou event, hosted across Canada by Morguard and Big Brothers Big Sisters, celebrates the uniqueness of every girl. Here in Abbotsford, Sevenoaks hosts a FREE event from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 21, with an exciting line-up of events and entertainment.
“Sevenoaks Shopping Centre is proud to again welcome the BeYou campaign and reach out to even more young girls in Abbotsford with this inspiring message,” says Tricia Schmuland, Marketing Director.
BeYou ambassadors supporting the BeYou message and the power of raising up young girls include Fraser Valley social media bloggers the Henderson twins (@henderson.twins), Camryn and Payton.
“We love working with new people and sharing highlights of our adventures! Social media allows us to connect with and hopefully inspire people from all over the world on topics such as triathlons, local events, activities, travel, food and sport. We hope you find our perspectives a little different and that encourages you to be you, love you and love others.”
So much happening Saturday!
“We’re excited to host an event to bring girls together to celebrate their individuality and connect them to powerful resources that will support them reach their dreams,” Schmuland says.
- Be inspired: Check out the BeYou Tradeshow – decorate reusable cups at Starbucks, get mini makeovers from The Body Shop, try nail painting at Claire’s, visit the Relaxation Zone for colouring and activities and much more! Have some fun at the BeYou photo booth, and check out booths such as Abbotsford Youth Commission and GirlKind!
- Be entertained: Talented teams from Splitz Gymnastics, Triumph Acrobatics, Legacy Dance, Valley Stars and Dynamic Dance and so many more will entertain.
- Be creative: From 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., the Abbotsford Arts Council hosts the Art on Sneakers Battle. Ardene is providing sneakers and participants will have an hour to design BeYou-inspired footwear! The local winner will receive a $100 gift card and their creation will be featured on the BeYou website for a national public vote. The grand prize winner will receive a $500 shopping spree courtesy of Morguard! Sign up for the Art on Sneakers battle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be part of a lasting legacy: Big Brothers Big Sisters facilitates life-changing relationships that inspire youth to reach their potential. Collaboration with BBBS allows the BeYou campaign to impact young women directly through specialized programming and mentorship, and strengthen community ties for lasting impact. Plus, with award-winning singer-songwriter Tara Shannon returning with the BeYou anthem, you can download the song for $0.99 on all digital platforms, and all proceeds go to BBBS Canada!
- BeYou Journal – New this year is the BeYou commemorative journal, with a motivational quote or exercise to help create a positive mindset. The first 300 participants who receive a swag bag will also receive a journal.
Visit beyougirl.ca for details, local event schedules and registration, plus helpful information, inspiring content and connections to help young girls build confidence and believe in themselves.