A sold-out crowd of more than 160 people participated in the Abbotsford Community Foundation’s (ACF) first Spirit of Philanthropy luncheon held at the end of November.
During the event, ACF executive director Susan McAlevy and president Bev Brown distributed more than $35,000 in community grants to help local organizations.
McAlevy noted that earlier in the year, the foundation had fulfilled the second year of its three-year commitment to Campus of Care, by providing both the Abbotsford Hospice Society and Matthew’s House with $5,000. It also provided $5,000 to the 25th Anniversary Mission Folk Festival.
The following received their grants:
– Abbotsford Restorative Justice, $8,000
– Breakfast Clubs of Canada, $10,000
– Central Abbotsford Community School, $4,492
– Fraser Valley Conservancy, $7,500
– The Reach Gallery Museum, $3,000
– The Salvation Army, $3,000.