The five will join 60 students from 12 regions across the province in Victoria from July 4 to 8.
The five students are:
– Andrew Williams-Turner – Grade 5, Dormick Park Elementary, with his project My Mom and the Samahquam First Nation;
– Taylor Kyte – Grade 5, Prince Charles Elementary, for Diane Foster: Bronze Metal Olympian;
– Hailey Keating, Grade 6, Kent Elementary (Agassiz), for The S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald;
– Lucas Wacker – Grade 7, St. James and St. Ann’s School, for Jacques Plante: The Story Behind The Mask; and
– Isaac Douglas – Grade 5, St. James and St. Ann’s School, for Charlie’s Tree.
During the provincial event, the students will travel in and around Victoria, visiting heritage sites such as Fort Rodd Hill, Government House, the parliament buildings and Chinatown.
On Sunday, July 7, students will present their projects in a public showcase at the Royal British Columbia Museum from noon to 3 p.m. In the evening, they will attend the closing ceremony and a banquet at the University of Victoria.