The public is invited to celebrate Earth Day Abbotsford this Saturday at a free family event with electric cars, baby turtles, invasive plant information and much more.
The event will be held at Mill Lake Park, near the Bevan Street entrance, from noon to 5 p.m.
It will include more than a dozen exhibitors, with children’s activities, live music and speakers. Bring your bicycles and helmets to join Bike to Work BC for an hour-long fun family ride on bike lanes around the city at 4 p.m. and to get a free bike safety check.
Learn about City of Abbotsford parks and trails, water conservation, the Fraser Valley Regional Library bookmobile, conservancy work in the region and more.
The folks from South Coast Conservation will offer ideas on how to make backyards more nature friendly.
Abbotsford Nissan, along with Emotive BC and the Fraser Valley Regional District will have electric vehicles on site as well as EV owners to answer questions about this increasingly popular technology.
Other attractions include:
· Kids activities by EcoDairy, Abbotsford-Mission Recycling
· Fraser Valley Conservancy and Fraser Valley Watersheds Coalition displays
· Raptors and baby turtles
· Solar panels & electric cars
· Tips for nature-friendly backyards
· Abbotsford Mission Nature Club
· Invasive plant information from the Fraser Valley Invasive Plant Council
The event will take place rain or shine. Additional parking can be found at MSA Arena Park on Emerson Street.
See also www.facebook.com/EarthDayAbbotsford/