Farm Credit Canada (FCC) is inviting the public to come out and show support for the FCC Drive Away Hunger tour in Abbotsford on Oct. 15.
Drive Away Hunger is a unique food drive that involves driving a tractor and trailer through communities to collect food and cash donations for food banks across the country.
FCC employees from coast to coast, along with several community partners, will join forces to fight hunger from Oct. 15-19. This year’s goal is to collect one million pounds of food and $500,000 in donations for food banks across the nation.
FCC Drive Away Hunger is about making a difference in communities by working together to help Canadian food banks feed people in need. Since 2004, the program has raised over 7.8 million pounds of food.
To learn more about FCC Drive Away Hunger, and watch the Drive Away Hunger video, go to www.fccdriveawayhunger.ca
The Abbotsford tour on Oct. 15 will be at the following locations:
- 8 a.m. – Avenue Machinery, 1521 Sumas Way
- 8:30 a.m. – Cummings Trailer, 29571 Fraser Highway
- 9 a.m. – John MacClure, 2990 Oriole Cres.
- 9:45 a.m. – Rosborough & Company, 33832 South Fraser Way
- 11 a.m. – Clayburn Middle School, 35139 Laburnum Ave.
- 12:45 p.m. – South Poplar Traditional Elementary, 32746 Huntingdon Rd.
- 1:30 p.m. – Abbotsford Food Bank, 33914 Essendene Ave.