Commuters in the Central Fraser Valley will see a change in their transit service this September.
Starting Sept. 7, the following changes are being made to improve scheduled service:
– Route 2 Bluejay-Huntingdon will have every second trip alternate between the Sumas Shopping Centre and Second Avenue and Sumas Way until 7 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
– Route 4 Saddle will have weekday trips after 7 p.m. terminated at the Downtown Exchange. Route 4 will no longer extend to the Bourquin Exchange after 7 p.m. on weekdays.
– Route 7 Sumas Mountain will have weekday trips after 7 p.m. terminated at the Downtown Exchange. Route 7 will no longer extend to the Bourquin Exchange after 7 p.m. on weekdays.
– Route 31 Abbotsford-Mission Connector will reduce the number of trips that route through Matsqui village during the weekday morning and evening rush. Service during these times will continue to operate via the Abbotsford-Mission Highway, where new bus stops have been installed at Harris Road.
– Route 35 Hatzic will see outbound trips rerouted to serve the bus stop outside of the West Coast Express Station.
The 66 FVX continues to provide express service Monday to Saturday.
Passengers can pick up a Rider’s Bulletin with these changes on board or, for more information on routes and schedules, check the Central Fraser Valley Transit System website at bctransit.com/central-fraser-valley/ or contact customer information at 604-854-3232.