The Abbotsford News has been recognized in 11 categories of the Local Media Association (LMA) Advertising and Promotions Contest.
The awards recognize outstanding contributions to the quality of advertising, as well as in promotional and marketing programs, in media companies across the U.S. and Canada.
In total, the Abbotsford News’ parent company, Black Press, received 35 awards.
The News received four first-place honours:
– Best Business Publication for Abbotsford in Action;
– Best Ad Series for Homestead Nurseryland and Florist;
– Best Public Service Promotion for BlackPress4Good crowdfunding launch; and
– Best Promotion to Build Audience for Total Makeover 2014.
Second-place honours went to the News for:
– Best Public Service/Community Event Promotion for the Abbotsford Airshow Amateur Photographer of the Year Contest;
– Best Innovation for the Abbotsford News team; and
– Best Wildcard – Niche Product/Solution for Wedding Image Magazine 2015.
The News was also awarded a third-place honour in the Best Promotion to Build Audience category for Place the Face.
Three honourable mentions were awarded for projects promoting the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, BlackPress4Good and the ninth annual Historic Downtown Car Show.
The LMA Excellence in Local News Coverage, for news writing and photography, will be announced in the new year.