Abbotsford’s business community turned out in full force to honour their own on Thursday night at the 22nd annual Business Excellence Awards at Tradex.
The sold-out event saw 80 nominees vie for awards in 13 categories.
The celebration was presented by the Abbotsford News and the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce.
Chamber president Mark Warkentin served as master of ceremonies for the event, with awards being announced by Chamber executive director Allan Asaph and Abbotsford News publisher Carly Ferguson.
The recipients of the 2017 Business Excellence Awards are:
• Home-Based Business Excellence
Sponsored by Blackwood Building Centre Ltd.
Amethyst Hair Design
• Tourism Excellence
Sponsored by Tourism Abbotsford
Brookside Inn Boutique Hotel
• Manufacturing & Production Excellence
Sponsored by Business Development Bank of Canada
• Agricultural & Agri-Business Excellence
Sponsored by MNP LLP
Trident Processes Inc.
• Consumer Services Excellence (1-5 employees)
Sponsored by Sevenoaks Shopping Centre
Low Budget Moving
• Consumer Services Excellence (6+ employees)
Sponsored by Scotiabank
New Leaf Total Wellness Centre
• Business Services Excellence
Sponsored by Prospera Credit Union
Element Spray Foam Inc.
• U40 Entrepreneur of the Year
Sponsored by The Rotary Clubs of Abbotsford
• Non-Profit Organization of the Year
Sponsored by Baker Newby LLP
Impact Youth & Family Substance Use Services
• Dave Holmberg Community Builder of the Year
Sponsored by Abbotsford Hospice Society
• New Business of the Year
Sponsored by City of Abbotsford Economic Development
The Polly Fox Bakery and Bistro
• Established Business of the Year (1-19 employees)
Sponsored by KPMG Enterprise
Memento Mori Studios Inc.
• Established Business of the Year (20+ employees)
Sponsored by The Abbotsford News