Boxing fans packed the Quality Hotel and Conference Centre for the Emerald Gloves event on Saturday night.
The event featured 12 bouts, with competitors from all over the province duking it out.
It was a good night for Abbotsford-Mission Boxing Club athlete Jacob Racette, who thrilled the crowd in the 85 pound Initiate Novice division.
Racette fought Lillooet’s Skylar Scotchman in a two-round exhibition fight and earned the best boxer of the night award for his performance.
The main event saw the AMBC’s Franklyn Currie fall to Maple Ridge’s Ely Avelar-Martinez after a first round TKO in the Elite Open 152 lbs division.
Bridge Street Mission’s Bronson Volker also impressed, defeating Preston Riley via judges’ decision in the Junior B Novice 93 lbs division. Volker and Riley were awarded the best bout of the night for their efforts.
Other bouts at the event included:
• Sooke’s Danny Hopkins defeating Powell River’s Cody Bougie via judges’ decision (Elite Novice 165 lbs)
• Adam Shatula from Kamloops beating Eastside Vancouver’s Manu Sahota via judges’ decision (Elite Novice 165 lbs)
• Powell River’s Jaxob Pangburn besting Maple Ridge’s William Kilsby via first-round TKO (Junior A Novice 95 lbs)
• Mike Basran from Kamloops defeating Eastside Vancouver’s Shaun Del Rosa via judges’ decision (Elite Novice 165 lbs)
• Parsa Bisheh from North Vancouver beating Heera Panasar from Quesnel via first-round TKO (Junior C Novice 116 lbs)
• Maple Ridge’s Niall Roberts besting North Vancouver’s Carlos Telfer-Savard via second round TKO (Junior C Novice 132 lbs)
The next big event for the AMBC is the Diamond Belt, which occurs June 24 at Durieu Elementary in Mission.
For more on the club, visit missionboxing.com.