Fire crews were called to a condominium complex on Mill Lake Road on Sunday at about 10 p.m. after a fuel tank was punctured, spilling about 80 litres of gas into the underground parking lot.
Assistant Fire Chief Dave Rivett said it appears that the truck had been vandalized.
The gas spilled into drains in the parking lot.
“The drains eventually go into the city system, but we feel like we’ve got it contained into the drains in the underground parking lot, and it hasn’t gone any further,” Rivett said at the scene.
He said monitor readings indicated the vapors were “well below the explosive range for gasoline,” and the residents were in no danger.
Fire crews ventilated the area, and a contractor was brought in to vacuum out the gasoline from all the drains.