An abandoned house that has been the site of several fires and drug overdoses over the last few years was the scene of another blaze last night.
Crews from Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service were called just after 11 p.m. to the home located beside the Salvation Army on Gladys Avenue.
The fire appears to have started in the basement.
Assistant fire chief Ron Hull said the exact cause of the fire is not yet known, but squatters in the house had hooked up a generator and propane tanks to supply heat and electricity.
He said the home will now be condemned.