Council approved its 2017 sidewalk program at Monday’s council meeting. The plan had previously been looked at by Abbotsford’s Transportation Advisory Committee. See our story from April below.
The city is looking to build nearly one kilometre of new sidewalks around the Abbotsford this year, with projects proposed for several residential neighbourhoods.
- Beaver Street (Marshall Road to Dolphin Crescent)
- Dolphin Crescent (Beaver Street to Meadows Street)
- Old Riverside Road (Old Riverside Park to Argyll Street)
- Nicola Street (Haida Drive to Nanaimo Crescent)
- Ross Road (Sun Valley Crescent to Duncan Avenue)
Various bus pad improvements and minor sidewalk connections
The projects are chosen based on factors including safety, resident requests, links to commercial areas, proximity to schools, hospitals and other facilities.
The city says it will consult with impacted residents before construction. Construction would begin during the summer/fall.