Abbotsford school shows steady improvement
An Abbotsford secondary school was listed as one of 30 across British Columbia that showed improvement over the past five years, according to the Fraser Institute's annual report card.
The list ranks 293 public and independent secondary schools based on seven indicators using data from the province-wide exams.
Abbotsford Collegiate climbed from a low of 2.6 out of 10 in 2009 to 4.9 this year, and 224th in the province.
Abbotsford Christian School ranked the highest out of the local secondary schools in the report card. The private school scored a 7.7 out of 10, which puts it 44th out of B.C.'s schools.
Following are the remainder of Abbotsford's schools' rankings:
• Mennonite Educational Institute: 7.6 - 48th
• WJ Mouat: 7.1 - 78th
• Yale: 6.9 - 87th
• St. John Brebeuf: 6.1 - 140th
• Dasmesh Punjabi: 5.9 - 155th
• Rick Hansen: 5.8 - 161st
• Robert Bateman: 5.4 - 193rd
• Abbotsford Traditional: 5.3 - 196th
• ASIA - Sumas Mountain: 5.0 - 222nd