News

Chimney fire extinguished before firefighters arrive

Firefighters were called to a chimney fire on Monday morning. - Jason Roessle photo
Firefighters were called to a chimney fire on Monday morning.
— image credit: Jason Roessle photo

Abbotsford firefighters were called to a chimney fire on Marvern Way, off Old Clayburn Road, Monday morning, but when they arrived the homeowner had already quelled the blaze.

The chimney's flue was not cracked which kept the fire from extending into the attic space, according to a fire official. Once the homeowner noticed the fire, he doused the fire in the chimney with water.

Firefighters were on scene for about 30 minutes.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Community Events, August 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Aug 27 edition online now. Browse the archives.