- BC Games
Police investigation announcement could be linked to Bacon shooting
A press conference this afternoon (Monday) being held by the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit (CFSEU) may be connected to the 2011 fatal shooting of Jonathan Bacon.
CFSEU issued a media advisory to announce that a "significant development in a gang murder investigation" will be made at 1 p.m. Monday at the CFSEU's headquarters in Delta. Various media outlets are referencing The Vancouver Sun, which is suggesting a link to the Bacon shooting.
No further comment will be made until that time, said CFSEU spokesperson Maureen Gulyas.
Bacon, 30, formerly of Abbotsford, was gunned down outside a Kelowna hotel on Aug. 14, 2011.
The key player in the Red Scorpions gang was in a Porsche Cayenne SUV with four other people – Hells Angel Larry Amero, Independent Soldier James Riach, and two women, all of whom were wounded in the drive-by shooting.
It has been speculated that the Dhak-Duhre group was behind the targeted hit.
Since then, several high-profile gangsters have been killed or targeted, including Sandip Duhre, who was gunned down in a Vancouver restaurant in January 2012.
Sukh Dhak died in November 2012 after being shot in the lobby of the Executive Inn Hotel and Conference Centre in Burnaby. His bodyguard Thomas Mantel was also killed.
Both men are said to have connections to the Dhak-Duhre group.
Khun-Khun was also critically injured in a shooting just a few weeks after Bacon was killed.