News

Quick action by Fire Rescue saves duplex

Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service was called to a report of a bedroom fire in a duplex on Parkview Street shortly after 1 p.m. on Sunday.

When crews arrived, they found smoke coming out the front door and two people still inside. An elderly man in a seated walker had to be helped out of the residence.

Quick action by crews prevented the fire from spreading. One person was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene. Emergency social services personnel assisted with three occupants of the duplex.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Empty coal trains to continue travelling on lightly-used SRY line in North Langley until Nov. 30
 
Fine for driver in fatal crash
 
Aboriginal business booming, delegates say
Election 2014: Strong words at Abbotsford mayoral debate
 
Team BC athletes honoured at Sumas longhouse
 
B.C. lawyers vote to overturn Christian law school recognition
Tipped truck at Teapot
 
Election 21014: Harrison candidates split on parking problem, again
 
Most colonoscopies on time in Fraser region despite demand surge

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 31 edition online now. Browse the archives.