Businesses honour their own
Abbotsford’s business community turned up in full force to honour their own tonight as the 17th annual Business Excellence Awards took place at Tradex.
More than 550 guests came out for the event that saw 90 nominees vie for 11 special awards.
Sponsored by the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce and the Abbotsford News, the gala celebration has become a tradition in the business community.
“It’s really exciting to see so many people come out and support this night,” said Abbotsford News publisher Andrew Franklin. Rick Rake served as master of ceremonies and both Patrick Giesbrecht and Andrew Franklin provided emcee support for the awards segment of the evening.
The opening reception featured appetizers and networking.
Guest enjoyed a buffet meal before the awards were handed out.
“There’s a lot of excitement in the room right now regarding who will win tonight’s awards. But all of the businesses are winners just for being nominated,” said Franklin during the event.
WINNERS: 2012 Business Excellence Awards
This year’s recipients are:
- Home Based Business Excellence – Perfect Sense Events and Balloon Supply
- Retailer Excellence – Strung Out On Beads
- Manufacturing and Production Excellence – Vitalus Nutrition Inc.
- Agricultural and Agri-Business Excellence – Lepp Farm Market
- Consumer Services Excellence – restaurant 62
- Business Services Excellence – Hana Sushi
- Eric Vanderham Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Brock Tilling – Project Climbing Centre
- Non Profit of the Year – Abbotsford Restorative Justice Advocacy Association
- New Business of the Year Award – Pharmasave
- Established Business of the Year (1-19 Employees) – International Machine Transport
- Established Business of the Year (20+ Employees) – Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre
Keep checking coming editions of the Abbotsford News for a special supplement featuring all of the recipients. See photos of the event at the AbbyNews Facebook page.