- BC Games
Burning ban lifted in Abbotsford
The Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service (AFRS) has rescinded the extended burning ban due to heavy rainfall this week, which resulted in the forest fire hazard rating being downgraded to low.
The ban, which normally runs until Sept. 30, had been extended to Oct. 15 due to the record-breaking dry spell.
Citizens can now burn in accordance with city's burning conditions and regulations as follows:
– Agricultural burning is allowed only within the agricultural burning boundary; if you are unsure if you are able to burn, contact AFRS for confirmation.
– Permits for burning are required for agricultural fires greater that 3m x 3m x 1m high (10 feet x 10 feet x 3 feet high). Ensure all burning meets required minimum clearances.
– All ditch burning requires AFRS approval.
– Burning of land clearing debris is prohibited in most locations and requires a permit.
– Residential burning (backyard) is prohibited.
– Construction waste burning is prohibited.
– Burning of illegal materials such garbage, plastics, furniture and petroleum products is strictly enforced with fines and/or cost recovery.
Contact the AFRS non-emergency line at 604-853-3566 regarding any questions on outdoor burning in Abbotsford.