April 15, 2012 · Updated 5:02 PM
It's been another busy week in the city of Abbotsford. The following is an example of some of the top stories.
- An Abbotsford grandmother is being credit with saving her family after waking them when a fire broke out in their home late at night.
- The Abbotsford Heat hockey squad clinched a playoff berth.
- Four co-workers will share $30-million after winning the Lotto Max.
- The Abbotsford branch of the Royal Canadian Legion held a vigil to celebrate Vimy Ridge Day.
- A public meeting allowed people to discuss concerns about Kinder Morgan's plans to expand its pipeline.
- Firefighters rescued a young girl who got her leg stuck in her bike. They also brought her a surprise.
- Shane Toy was recognized for his volunteer work. The local man picks up a bag of trash every day.
- The Fraser Valley Indo-Canadian Business Association held its annual Vaisakhi lunch.
- Shawna McCormack wants others to learn from the death of her sister Cheryl, who lost her life to the drug ecstasy.