News

Overheated kiln draws fire crews to Robert Bateman Secondary

Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service was called to Robert Bateman Secondary on Wednesday afternoon to deal with kiln that had overheated.

Crews arrived on the scene at about 4:15 p.m. and discovered that the kiln had produced a large volume of smoke, but no flames.

There were no injuries and no damage to the building, located at 35045 Exbury Ave.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Sto:lo business conference uses technology to create partnerships
 
Police seek suspect in Abbotsford gas station robbery
 
The Best and Worst Movies To Watch This Halloween (VIDEO)
Burnaby to look into problem cyclists
 
Man sought for break-in at Langley City apartment
 
Teen dating violence focus of Surrey forum
World Food Day event at LEC Canada’s largest
 
Election 2014: Grant Ward seeking fifth term on Langley Township council
 
Updated: Surrey man victim of fatal Langley collision

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 17 edition online now. Browse the archives.