- 2015 Federal Election
Ring in the new year
A few celebrations are taking place in Abbotsford to ring in the new year.
– Jubilee Hall (7989 Bradner Rd.) features a buffet dinner at 8 p.m., followed by dancing with live music from the Ken McCoy Band, and champagne at midnight. Doors open at 7 p.m. Overnight parking is allowed. Tickets are $35 and are available at Wilway Lumber (28728 Fraser Hwy.) or online at brownpapertickets.com/event/295405. For more information, call 604-856-8690.
– The Abbotsford branch of the Royal Canadian Legion (2511 West Railway St.) hosts a dinner at 6 p.m. followed by entertainment with Elvis impersonator Jeff Badner at 9 p.m. Tickets are $20, available at the bar. Call 604-853-1711 for more information.
– The Bradner Community Club holds a buffet dinner and dancing at Bradner Hall (5305 Bradner Rd.). Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 and can be purchased at Bradner General Store (5440 Bradner Rd.).
– Mexico en la Piel holds a New Year's Eve Family Celebration and Masquerade Contest at the Abbotsford Banquet Centre (33738 Laurel St.), starting at 6 p.m. Tickets for the dinner and dance are $45 (half price for kids 11 and under) and can be purchased at House of James, Vin Tan Oriental Groceries and Pan-Asia Market and Deli in Abbotsford, or Murdoch's Bookshoppe and City Blends in Mission.
– a Caribbean New Year's event takes place at Abbotsford Legacy Sports Centre (3270 Trethewey St.), starting at 7 p.m. Tickets for the formal dinner and dance are $60. Contact 604-751-1095 or email Cordel.Wayne@gmail.com.
Several restaurants and pubs are also offering special New Year's Eve activities. Check with the individual businesses for what they are offering.