The United Way honoured several donors at its annual Spirit Awards celebration last night (Thursday) in Abbotsford.
The event at Garden Park Tower recognized the efforts of businesses and individuals in supporting the work of the United Way in the Fraser Valley.
The organization, which was previously short of its $825,000 fundraising goal for its 2011 campaign, ended up pulling in just over $827,000.
The award recipients were:
• member agency campaign of the year – Aldergrove Neighbourhood Services;
• employee campaign chair of the year – Sophie Lamarche of Corrections Canada;
• labour participation award – Fraser Valley Labour Council;
• quantum leap award (more than 200 employees) – City of Abbotsford and Corrections Canada;
• quantum leap award (fewer than 200 employees) – Best Buy/Future Shop;
• leadership campaign award (more than 100 employees) – Costco Wholesale;
• leadership campaign award (fewer than 100 employees) – MNP LLP Abbotsford;
• campaign of the year (more than 100 employees) – Prospera Credit Union; and
• campaign of the year (fewer than 100 employees) – Manning Elliott Chartered Accountants.